What's in Your Lunch Box?

I love making my own lunch!  Although there are times when I get lazy in the morning and just settle for what's in the office cafeteria, I make it a point to plan my menu for the week, or buy my favorite ingredients and mix and match them to create my lunch for the day.  Sometimes, I even surprise myself!

Today, I decided to do a pasta dish.  It's something that I always make.  In fact, I have blogged about it (see Pahiyas Festival--A Dream Come True), and has become my go-to dish whenever I need a quick pasta fix.

Need to refresh your memory?  It's basically fresh tomatoes, seeds removed; onions, chopped coursely; some cooked pasta (any kind will do); McCormick Herb & Garlic seasoning to taste; and your choice of meat (I usually put fried Magnolia chicken fingers or hungarian sausage, which I either fry or grill in the oven toaster).  I just saute everything (except the pasta and meat) in vegetable oil, toss the pasta in and top the whole thing with the meat, which I cut up after they're cooked.

However, today I made some adjustments in the recipe.  Instead of sauteing the tomatoes and keeping them crisp, I stewed my tomatoes this time for an hour or so.  And I also added a few fresh basil leaves to the dish.  The result?  Tadah!  My perfect lunch box treat!


How about you?  What's in your lunch box today?

Comments

Popular Posts