Due to Insistent Public Demand...

A couple of months back, I decided to create a food pics album in my Facebook account. I planned to upload photos of food I've cooked or tasted or tried for the first time.

There are 2 dishes which I've uploaded, and my friends kept on bugging me for the recipes. Just about now, I got a message from my friend Amor who's in the Middle East for the recipe of Ensaladang Puso ng Saging. She said she wanted to make it for her husband Mike.

So, Amor, (and Ate Cindy and Ate Banggoy) here it is:

Ensaladang Puso ng Saging

  • 1 piece large puso ng saging na saba
  • 1 tbsp. ginger, chopped
  • 1 piece medium white onion, peeled and chopped
  • 4 pieces tomatoes, diced
  • 1 piece sili espada, chopped
  • 2 pieces green onions, chopped
  • 1/3 cup vinegar
  • 1 cup kakang gata
  • salt & pepper, to taste
1. In a pot of boiling water, cook the puso ng saging until tender for about 15 minutes. Drain, rinse in tap water and squeeze out liquid. (Tip: to keep the banana heart from discoloration, boil the water and as soon as the puso is sliced, drop them in the boiling water immediately.)

2. Combine the cooked puso ng saging with the rest of the ingredients and pour the kakang gata. Season to taste.

3. Serve chilled or at room temperature.

Another picture I uploaded is the one of Stir-fried Veggies with Chicken & Tofu. I made this during Mamoosh's birthday. It's actually one of her favorites which she loves to order from a food stall at the UP Shopping Center. She just gave me the instructions and followed them to the letter.

  1. Boil chicken breasts in water seasoned with salt & pepper for about 15 minutes. Cool. Remove chicken meat from the bones and cut into cubes. You can also use chicken breast fillet.
  2. Cut the square tofu into half-centimeter thick, spam-like slices. Brown each slice in oil. Cut into strips and set aside.
  3. Cut into thin strips the following veggies: celery, carrots. Remove ends and veins from pea pods (sitsaro).
  4. Saute each veggie in butter separately. Do not overcook. Set aside.
  5. Then, stir-fry chicken meat in butter. Drizzle with sesame oil. Add the veggies and tofu. Drizzle with more sesame oil and stir a few more times just enough to distribute the flavor and colors of the veggies. Serve hot!
So there! Enjoy making these dishes my dear friends. And I hope your darling husbands would enjoy licking their plates!

Comments

Alma said…
thanks! i'm glad you liked it =)
Anonymous said…
Hello Ninang Momoy!
This is Ysa.
My blog is http://allaboutysa.blogspot.com/
not much peeps go to it...
:D

Popular Posts