Faith, Friends, Fun & Food in Laguna

Yesterday was a lot of fun! My friends and I went on a trip to Laguna, primarily to support our prayer group head, Tita Ethel. She was invited to speak at the Laguna HOLD Echo Conference, so the whole gang decided to come with.

After Tita Ethel's talk, it was free-for-all, so first we agreed to visit the house of Dr. Jose Rizal in Calamba.


At Jose Rizal's

After a tour of Dambana Rizal, it was a surprise that no one was hungry yet. So I led everyone to go to the Flower & Garden Show at the UPLB Social Gardens. There were lots of plants (what else!), but surprise, surprise! There was also a mini-tiangge where we found a few nice things!

Cool pandan bag and lunch box--a steal at P100 for both!

Espasol from Nagcarlan, crunchy Shing-A-Ling and Cassava Chips!

Finally, when every one got hungry, we headed for my favorite LB siomai place, Papu's for some siomai to go, then went off to hunt for Cafe Antonio. It's right at the heart of LB Square off campus, and I must say, although we got lost during the hunt and entered Umali Subdivision by mistake, it was all worth it.

The door said "Closed" when we got there, but the owners were really accommodating and agreed to open the store for us even though it was still half an hour before opening. (Note: They open at 4PM and stay open until 2AM). 

I was happy I got my Angry Birds cappuccino, and I was equally ecstatic with my Pasta Alfredo. I guess the rest of the gang were satisfied as well. Too bad they don't give discounts to Club 20 members, aka senior citizens! Well, maybe that's because it was their first time to serve customers who were over 17 years old. Hahaha!

With Owl-tonio

Ca-caw! Ca-caw!

Pasta Alfredo

Yesterday was truly a lot of fun! It was a real blessing to be with friends and sisters who enjoy God, good food and great fellowship. Now, where will be going next?

Comments

Popular Posts