Baking as the Bane of My Culinary Existence

One of my greatest desires is to be able to bake and decorate a cake.  Yup, while others take baking as natural as breathing, it has caused me great distress.

My first attempt at baking a cake was a total megaflop.  Decorating it was catastrophic.  I never touched the baking pan after that.

This is not MY cake, but the one I first baked looked like this.
(borrowed from http://3.bp.blogspot.com/)
Oh, I did bake cookies and brownies and muffins and breads and pies, but that's about it.  What I really wanted was to bake fluffy cakes with cloud-like icings or dense cakes with marzipan frosting.  I wanted to make my favorite cartoon character cakes, or bake a Spiderman cake for my nephew Christian, or a Hello Kitty cake for Lily Anne!

I realized that I should attend classes.  And I think that's just what I'll do.  I'm definitely adding baking classes to my bucket list!

Tell you later how it goes...

Comments

Popular Posts