Lip-smackin' Good Food + Family = Great Birthday Celebration!

Yesterday, November 6, we decided to go to the cemetery to visit our loved ones who have gone ahead.  But since it was already 11AM when we arrived at Talisay, Batangas, we opted to have an early lunch first.

In our hometown (Talisay), the best place to go to for great food is Club Balai Isabel.  I'm not saying this because my Tita Mary knows the owners.  I am declaring this to the world because food there is really good!



Since the weekend was quite special, November being Tita Mary's and my birthday month, we took Sir Nelson's suggestion of ordering the Balai Special for lunch.  Mr. Nelson Terible, by the way, is the owner of this nice little haven in sleepy town Talisay.  Talisay, for those who do not know, is where Taal Lake and Taal volcano rest.

Balai Special consists of Chicken-Pork Adobo, Pinaputok na Tilapia with ensaladang tagalog on the side, Pinakbet, and individual bowls of Bulalo Soup.  I wanted to review each dish individually, but I don't think that would do justice to the fare as a whole.  So can I just say that food at Balai Isabel keeps getting better from the last time I've been there?

Individually, the dishes were really tasty, cooked in a no-frills Filipino way.  There was nothing fancy in the way the dishes were presented, but once you make your first bite...   ...   ...  Uh, where was I?

As they say in Filipino, makakalimutan mo ang pangalan mo.  So you better have pen and paper ready before you take your first spoonful!  And that goes for the Chicken Binakol we added to our menu.

By the way, this is NOT a praise release.  I just want to spread the word on good food, that's all.  It's just a pity no one thought of bringing a camera.  I only had my phone cam, and this was the best I could do to document the occasion.


Burp!

Comments

Popular Posts